The Government Plan for Living with COVID-19: Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021 highlighted the important role that individual and community resilience will play in contributing to our ongoing response to COVID-19.
The Keep Well campaign is aimed at showing people of all ages how we can mind our own physical and mental health and wellbeing by adding healthy and helpful habits to our daily and weekly routines. It will provide guidelines, information, and tips on how we can make a plan to do things that will help us keep well through the coming months.
Keep Well builds on the “In This Together” campaign which happened earlier in the year. The “Keep Well” campaign is focussed on five main themes:
- Keeping active - keeping active and being outdoors, even during the winter, is important to help physical and mental health and wellbeing.
- Staying connected - staying connected with people, addressing isolation, supporting volunteerism and initiatives that support person-to-person connection is important to our wellbeing.
- Switching off and being creative - switching off and being creative or learning something new, getting back to nature and finding ways to relax can help our general wellbeing.
- Eating well - by nourishing our bodies and minds, we can develop a better connection between the food we eat and how we feel and positively impact our physical and mental wellbeing.
- Minding your mood – equipping people with information on where to go if they need support. This will also be linked with the local community helpline to ensure that people can access the support they need.
Get Ireland Walking App
Download the Get Ireland Walking 21 Day Challenge App
Family Fitness Series
Keep Well Video Series for Children with Autism
Keep Well Video Series for New Mums
Keep Well Video Series for Older Adults
Walk to Keep Well
Keep Well with your LSP
BeActive at Home Guidelines
Follow these simple guidelines to help you be active at home
Your Personal Best Month
Keep Well Outdoors
Older Adult Home Exercise Plan
NGB Train at Home Programmes
Keep Well - Disabilities
Be Active Resources
Activities for All
National BeActive Day
Campaign Launch Press Release
The campaign aims to support people and communities to mind their physical and mental health over the coming months.