What We Do
Sport Ireland Coaching has a broad remit which includes the following:
- Lead the development of coaching in Ireland through the implementation of coach education and support programmes
- Lead the training and development of Coach Developers and help ensure there are enough Coach Developers with the knowledge, skills and competence to support coaches
- Quality assure the coaching system and appoint external personnel as required.
- Develop, implement and manage coach certification, accreditation and continuing professional development with relevant partners.
- Deliver support services to NGBs and coaches
- Establish agreements with key partners to develop coaching (NGBs, agencies, LSPs and others)
- Manage and maintain a database of coaches
- Implement a research and information programme
- Raise the status and profile of coaching in Ireland