Who We Are
Sport Ireland Coaching has a very broad remit which includes the following roles:
- Ensure performers and participants receive the best quality coaching throughout their involvement in sport.
- Lead the development of coaching in Ireland through the implementation of coach education and support programmes (CDPI)
- Deliver services to NGBs and coaches.
- Develop, implement and manage coach certification, accreditation, continuing professional development and licensing systems with the relevant partners.
- Establish agreements with key partners to develop coaching (NGBs, agencies, LSPs and others)
- Ensure there are enough Coach Developers with appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to educate and support coaches
- Quality assure the coaching system internally and appoint external bodies as required.
- Manage information on coaching and a coaches database for Ireland
- Implement a research and information programme
- Manage and monitor the implementation of the strategy
- Raise the status and profile of coaching in Ireland
- Develop an implementation plan
- Develop and introduce coach recognition awards
- Lead the training and development of Coach Developers through the Coach Developer suite of programmes