New Village - New Village walk

County Galway
2 reviews
Grade Moderate
Length 3.6 km
Time 1.5 hours
Format Loop
Ascent 50 m
Dogs Allowed Under effective control
Start Point
New Village Forest Carpark
Finish Point
New Village Forest Carpark
Nearest Town to Start Oughterard
Lat. and Long. 53.4390216, -9.3396873

This walk follows forest roads climbing gradually to the northern end of the forest and returning on public road. From the public road section there are spectacular views over Lough Corrib to the east and towards Cong to the north. Sections of the loop are quite exposed in bad weather and mobile phone coverage may be poor.

Trail Management

Coillte Mountbellew, The Demesne, Mountbellew,
Co. Galway. Tel: ++ 353 909 679076 Fax: ++ 353 909 679081

OSI Maps

OSI Maps

Discovery Series Sheet 45
2 trail reviews
Write your own review of this trail

Alisa from Galway

Nice wooded walk. It’s a gradual climb until you get to the quiet road to loop back to the beginning. My 4 & 2 year olds were getting tired by the end, but I was thrilled we were able to accomplish the whole loop. If you go past the entrance a bit (along the road), there is a nice picnic spot overlooking the lake. Really pretty.

Mike from Galway

Nice quiet trail. Some coillte work on-going at the moment. Walked it on a Sunday. Good brisk walk. Gravel road for 90% of the track so runners are perfect. On a quiet road for the other 10%.

Have you done this trail?
Tell us what you think