Grange - Grange loop
This loop takes walkers into Grange Crag Wood and past a very interesting ‘ice-house’ structure to a viewing point directly above the village from where Grange’s medieval tower-house castle and the surrounding countryside as far as the Devil's Bit Mountain in the west can be seen
Grange is a very small village in the Slieveardagh Hills on the Tipperary border with Kilkenny. It lies just east of the magnificent ruin of Kilcooly Abbey founded in 1182 and operated by the Cistercian order.
Grange derives its name from its being an out-farm or the Gainseach (in Gaelic) of Kilcooly. The village is based around the medieval tower-house castle that protected the area for the abbey estate. The Grange area is acknowledged to be extremely attractive in terms of scenery and interesting in its historical heritage.