Vacancy: Chief Executive Officer with Sport Ireland
Sport Ireland is the authority tasked with the development of sport in Ireland. This includes participation in sport, high performance sport, anti-doping, coaching and the development of the Sport Ireland Campus. Sport Ireland is responsible for the management and administration of a budget in the order of €90m per annum with additional capital funding for the on-going development of the Sport Ireland Campus.
Reporting to the Chairperson of the Board of Sport Ireland, the CEO will lead the organisation, work with a myriad of sporting organisations and bring the mission for sport in Ireland to the next phase of development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Senior executive-level experience and strong business acumen which demonstrates the necessary vision, leadership and operational skills to deliver all aspects of Sport Ireland’s mandate and strategic remit.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Irish sporting landscape and the importance of sport in our society with a passion and ambition for what can be achieved.
- Sound judgement and integrity with an ability to make sound decisions in a complex and dynamic environment.
- The resilience, determination and diplomacy required to make an impact and to gain the respect and the support of the multiple stakeholder entities across sport in Ireland.
- The ability to promote and apply the necessary rigour to achieve the highest standards of corporate governance and financial oversight.
Lansdowne Executive Search has been retained by Sport Ireland to manage this recruitment process.
Further information, including details on how to apply is available below:
PDF Information Booklet (English)
PDF Information Booklet (Irish)
If you feel you would benefit from a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact:
Seán McDonagh, Partner, Lansdowne Executive Search on
Email: email@example.com or Tel: 087 7961062.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00 pm on Friday 19th November 2021.
Sport Ireland is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and encourage applications under all nine grounds of the Employment Equality Act.