What is ACCELERATE?
ACCELERATE is Sport Ireland's sector specific management development programme. It is a Level 6 QQI awarded programme.
It is designed for:
- People currently in Managerial roles with line management responsibility
- People currently in Managerial roles without line management responsibility
- People who have been identified for a future Managerial role within their organisation
All participants must be employed in sports organisations funded by Sport Ireland and are looking to:
- Develop the skills, acquire the knowledge and understand the behaviours needed to be an effective manager and
- Build a professional network with other managers in the sports sector
The programme experience and key features:
ACCELERATE is highly experiential and consists of 3 core modules, namely Self-Management, People Management and Project/Financial Management.
It includes the following elements:
- Psychometric Assessment and Coaching
- Classroom based learning
- Off-site learning activities
- Networking opportunities and peer support
- Online learning platform and support
When will the programme run?
The programme will start in December 2019 and run until May 2020.
Applications for the 2019/2020 programme are now closed.