What is ACCELERATE?
ACCELERATE is Sport Ireland's sector specific management development programme. It is a Level 6 QQI awarded programme.
It is designed for:
- People currently in Managerial roles with line management responsibility
- People currently in Managerial roles without line management responsibility
- People who have been identified for a future Managerial role within their organisation
All participants must be employed in sports organisations funded by Sport Ireland and are looking to:
- Develop the skills, acquire the knowledge and understand the behaviours needed to be an effective manager
- Build a professional network with other managers in the sports sector
- Attain a level 6 QQI award in Management
The programme experience and key features:
ACCELERATE is highly experiential and consists of 3 core modules, namely Self-Management, People Management and Project/Financial Management and Governance.
It includes the following elements:
- Psychometric Assessment and Coaching
- Blended Learning
- Networking opportunities and peer support
- Online learning platform and support
When will the programme run?
The programme will start in October 2022 and run until June 2023.
Applications for this programme are now closed.
Click on the video below to hear the experiences of past participants on the programme.
ACCELERATE Management Development Programme Brochure 2022 2023.pdf (sportireland.ie)