Trail Maintenance and Monitoring
This course is designed to equip learners with the knowledge to develop and implement a trail maintenance and monitoring programme.
- Why maintenance & monitoring of trails is important
- The quality system for trails in Ireland
- Trail maintenance and monitoring planning and implementation
- Identifying issues on a trail
- Record Keeping
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the need for routine maintenance and monitoring of trails
- Develop and implement a plan for trail maintenance and monitoring on trails
- Understand the relationship between maintenance and monitoring
- Describe commonly encountered trail issues including potential hazards
- Understand how to keep records of trail maintenance and monitoring
This course will be suitable for:
- RSS, Tus and CE Scheme supervisors and staff
- Local Authority staff
- Forestry staff
- Trail management committee members
- Volunteers and other persons likely to be working on trail maintenance.
This course help me gain the knowledge around how to properly monitor and maintain a trail. I would definitely recommend to others.