Who We Are
Sport Ireland Coaching has a very broad remit which includes the following roles:
- Ensure performers and participants receive the best quality coaching throughout their involvement in sport.
- Lead the development of coaching in Ireland through the implementation of coach education and support programmes (CDPI)
- Deliver services to NGBs and coaches.
- Develop, implement and manage coach certification, accreditation, continuing professional development and licensing systems with the relevant partners.
- Establish agreements with key partners to develop coaching (NGBs, agencies, LSPs and others)
- Ensure there are sufficient tutors of appropriate quality and skill to educate coaches.
- Quality assure the coaching system internally and appoint external bodies as required.
- Manage information on coaching and a coaches database for Ireland.
- Implement a research and information programme.
- Manage and monitor the implementation of the strategy.
- Raise the status and profile of coaching in Ireland.
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Develop and introduce coach recognition awards.