2015 Anti-Doping Rules
On the 1st of January 2015 a new world anti-doping code will come into effect. From this date Sport Ireland and those who have adopted Sport Ireland rules must comply with their responsibilities under the new code. Please see below more information with regard to the new WADA 2015 code.
Irish Anti-Doping Rules 2015 Version 2.0
On January 1st 2019, a revision version of the 2015 Irish Anti-Doping Rules will come into effect. Please below a copy of the 2015 Irish Anti-Doping Rules Version 2.0 and a summary of changes in relation to Version 2.0.
Anti-Doping Rule Violations
1.Presence of a Prohibited Substance in an Athlete’s Sample
2. Use or Attempted Use by an Athlete of a Prohibited Substance or a Prohibited Method
3. Refusing or failing to do a drug test after notification
4. Committing Three Whereabouts Failures (Filing Failures or Missed Tests) in 12 months
6. Possession of Prohibited Substances and/or Prohibited Methods
7. Trafficking in any Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method
8. Administration to an Athlete of any Prohibited Method or Prohibited Substance; assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up
9. Complicity - Involvement in an ADRV committed by another person, such as helping to cover up that ADRV or avoid detection, will be sanctioned in the same way as that violation.
10. Prohibited Association -Associating with a person such as a coach, doctor or physio who has been found guilty of an ADRV or equivalent offence to a doping violation will be sanctioned with a ban of up to 2 years.